Sunday, December 6, 2015

P.S. I Still Love You Book Review!


First and foremost: if you are reading this, and you know if there will be a third book to this current duology please let me know! I am crossing my fingers that there will be another one. The ending leaves it that it could just be the end, or Ms. Han could write another book. I’m hoping for another. :) P.S. If you have not read the first book, there will be some spoilers for you since I’m reviewing the second book. You’ve been warned! :D

So this is the sequel of Jenny Han’s book: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I loved the first book and I loved this one as well. The family setting that Han creates makes me feel involved with Lara Jean and Kitty’s life. I honestly wish I had an older sister who would bake me snickerdoodles just because I loved them and it would be a surprise when I woke up the next morning. 

There’s trouble in paradise for the new love birds. That romantic hot tub scene in the first book? It’s been put out online and everyone at Lara Jean’s high school has seen it. Not only that, but Peter has been in contact with Genevieve again which only makes Lara Jean (and me!) question Peter and what he’s really doing. 

Not only is this all happening to poor LJ, but her fifth letter finally makes it way back to here from Mr. John McLaren Ambrose, who you get to actually meet and interact with and he is such a gentleman, not to mention infatuated with LJ. 

Lara Jean started off still so naive in this book, but you see her grow and come into her own throughout this book and she finally learns what she wants. To be honest, Peter treated her like garbage at parts, and yet she believed in him. I personally would have been so over him if he treated me like that. However, Han is able to capture what real relationships are like: there are major bumps in the roads, and no relationship is perfect. 


Not to forget about Kitty, but she is so spunky and full of fire, and I absolutely adore her. She kept me laughing throughout the book with her little antics and plotting. LOVED IT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment